Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Our Tesimony♥


Where do I begin??

On Monday, July 18, 2011 I lost my job to unforeseen matters. It was very disturbing and very sad. My husband has been unemployed for 1yr and 6mnths. It has been a trying year. But as God's Word says;

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”
Phil 4:19

And He has, God has taken very good care of us.

"I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved"
Psalm 16:8 NKJV

 My husband received his last check for temporary disability on the 15th of July, 2011. He received two job leads and began to pursue them with every ounce of energy he had. He knew we were not going to survive on my income alone.

[[before ALL this, in January, he was released from the Dr. care and had begun to look for work. No such luck (if there is such thing)... It was very discouraging and disheartening. We/I tried to stay upbeat, for I knew the Lord would not leave us nor forsake us. But it was really bothering my husband. He didn't lose faith but he became very discouraged.
He stop looking...
Then an infection attacked a sore on the bottom of his foot (he is diabetic) It was ugly, scary and surreal. Was this really happening to us?? No longer a job being the main issue... We needed immediate intervention at this point. This posed one problem, He so thought. We had no medical since he was laid off in July 2010. I was not wavered, I almost forcibly made him go to the hospital ;) then it all became history (read story here) to the Glory of God! Danny was in the hospital for 8 weeks and I was still employed at the school I taught. I don't bring in very much but, like I said before, God was in all of this.]]

This last weekend the day after my husband received his last check and before my unforeseen Monday. I was cleaning his wound (we are still taking care of this under his foot, It's not completely closed as of yet) and it seemed like it was getting bigger, again! Then I began to feel myself crumble from the inside out. I started to cry uncontrollably :( He sat up and grabbed me by my arms and said everything was going to be alright. His foot really needs to see a Dr but when there is no medical you put all your trust in Jesus. You need to see this: if his foot doesn't heal completely and it becomes worse, a job would not be in his future... And my job in no ways could support our family! Which means we could lose our home and so here we go thinking these horrible thoughts. He still continued to pursue these two job leads. 

Well, Monday comes along and our school was abruptly closed, I involuntarily lost my job... [[click this link to see why]] So I have to say, I began to get a little disturbed... I didn't doubt, I know the Lord was in this, I didn't really know how to feel.. I was feeling quite numb. Any crumbling or doubts I had before began to turn to peace... PEACE?? Yes, even my daughter came to us and said, "mommy I'm not worried about you and daddy being unemployed, I think it's going to be alright. I feel good about this"
GLORY!! SO DID WE!!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging...
The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Psalm 46:1-3,7

I know this makes no since to the mind, but in God makes all the since in the world. Danny received two phone calls during all this time, one job was 5 states away and the other was 1 state away. The next day, Tuesday, we headed up to Sparks NV. He was only going to accept this job if they could meet our needs (financially) Me, my daughter and our youngest son Julian took the 2.6 hr drive up the mountain. We ended up coming home without my husband, for now he was an employee of Star logistics. God, our mighty God took care of all that mattered, all our needs and continues to work, beyond our understanding... I am prepared to proclaim more of our testimony to the Glory Of Our GOD!!

This is our testimony!

No comments: