Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 02: A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest..

30 Day Challenge in Pictures

Sister Gayla Champlain and myself

Day 2 is a picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest..

 
I and Sis Gayla Champlain (Our Pastors wife) met when we were young (I was 14 she may have been 15). We went to the same church in Roseville, CA, as young people. She was raised in the Pentecostal way being 3rd maybe 4th generation in her family. We became very good (best) friends. She invited me to her home many times. As a matter of fact she was a BIG factor in praying me threw to the Holy Ghost for the first time, speaking in other tongues.
When she married, a few years later her and her husband decided to take up their three very young children and attend Bible College to start a work in the ministry... It was a very sad day for my husband and I (we were good buddies as couples, visiting and fellowship-ing with them often), but we said our good-byes :(
Years later, never realizing this would come to pass...  we met up again in the church they began. My family is now under Pastor Champlain's ministry... It wasn't hard to consider him as our pastor because he was already a great friend. Isn't it beautiful how God works...

So she has been with me since I first came to God (church), 29 years... longer than half my life

*SWEEET*

No comments: