Saturday, July 30, 2011

A long run with Danny

Danny was given a route of some sorts that would take him away from home for a few days. I cleaned his cab, fixed his bed with clean sheets, and put a few clean shirts in his little closet... readying him for this trip. I wrote out a list of things I needed to do while he was gone; finding a school for Ju, looking for a job, calling important people for other things that had come up.
On Sunday a sister in the church heard about his next job run... she offered to watch Julian so I could go (because of me being unemployed, a nice distraction from unsettling things that took place with my job and school). I was extremely distracted in my soul and felt I had entered another whirlwind, but I knew the Lord had it all under control, i needed to leave it in His hands and let the Lord do what He does best... take care of me =')
But whoever listens to me will dwell safely,
and will be secure, without fear of evil.
Proverbs 1:33
We told her we would think about it... It set the stage in motion in Danny's thought process. He insisted I and Julian go with him on this trip... I did not want to go. Julian was extremely insistent on going with daddy, I could not say, no to Julian... *sigh* I guess, we'll go.
I hesitantly fixed a clothing bag and all the necessities we would need to keep us comfortable on this trip. Tuesday morning, early morning (2am) we were up and heading to the truck. I still didn't want to go. We loaded up the truck with Ju'z and mine belongings, put him in the bunk, sleeping, and I sat myself in the passenger seat thinking about all the things that needed to be done at home.
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8
God always knows what He is doing. Yes, I put a lot of account in my life as the Lord's leading... he has done so much for me and has brought me so far, I do not underestimate His love and power in my everyday life. I give Him praise for the next breath I breathe and give Him honor for the next step I take. I love Him for the things He brings my way and love Him the more for bringing me through them. So Yes, I put a lot of praise in my life for Him. In everything that comes my way I need to learn to put my trust in Him, for He knows, better than myself, what He is doing.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5
Being away for five days, I was not thinking about anything but the wonderful sights i was seeing and the many grounds of miles we were traveling. it was like i was being taken away from all of life's issues. I needed to recap, reset my mindset to God's ways, i read His word, prayed and sang many songs. My husband enjoyed my company and I in turned enjoyed his and Ju'z. It was a wonderful time to think of nothing else but my little family and God. 
The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your needs in parched places, and make your bones strong, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58:11


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you Jesus for this time with my husband and my little Julian. i know you have our life in your best interest, for that I am grateful. I will do my part and trust in you...


 
~To God Be the Glory!!!~

1 comment:

Alisha Martinez said...

AMEN! Sister Ruby you never seem to AMAZE me...I love that i am able to be incouraged by you even being miles away ;( at times I find my self wanting to move back to Sac just be closer and apart of good godly people as yourself...Love and appreciate you.