Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A work in progress

I'm blogging today to share a beautiful work God has begun in me/us to complete and perfect until the day of His coming. (Philipians 1:6)
Last fall a situation came up that was out of our control and the only way to bring it to some normalcy was to face it full throttle with righteous vengeance. I know that may sound funny, but, as a pastor once said... Radical reality is living radically for Christ.
Maybe you'll understand this... There are times in our lives when things are completely out of our control. To the point of suffocation, loss of hope, deep confusion and helplessness. It's a sad time but the reality of it all is God knows, cares and understands all about it. He is the reality of the turmoil that has invaded our once so beautiful, happy, contented, life we were so custom too... The good life we had hoped and worked so hard to attain. That was my life.... I knew I was going to either allow this to kill, destroy, disfigure and bring me to the lowest pit of my life  Or I had to radically face it with vengeance.. I began to call on the Lord and proclaim His word...
Romans 12:19 (KJV)
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I WILL REPAY, saith the Lord."
It was such a radical change it made many wonder what had happened to me!?! But when desperate situations and circumstances arise... It calls for desperate measures... Righteous actions of course... His ways, not mine... His timing, not mine... His leading, not mine.
And have we been on an amazing path... One I have never traveled before. One I've had to completely put my trust in... One I had no control over... Scary? Yes! Confusing? At times! Uncertainty? Sure... Im only human. But as the scripture says in the beginning of my post
Philippians 1:6 (KJV)
"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:"
These changes made us seek help, accept responsibility, re-evaluate, begin a change that would have never been faced within, unless the once so beautiful life hadn't crumbled all around us. And God in His amazing mercy and tender love and care has brought us to a place of perfect praise and perfect worship.... Has brought us to a new level, a new living, a new life. New perspective, new attitude, a grateful heart full of forgiveness and love.
Yes, a work in progress and a perfect life in Christ. I have witnessed the glorious hand of the Lord perform good works in us, in it, in this time. He is not finished and it has not been comfortable but it has definitely been a beautiful transformation. Tears upon tears have been shed and many more will fall Im sure. But to God be the glory... It is His perfect will to bring about a work... A vessel/s of honor...
1 Peter 1:6-8 (KJV)
"Wherein you greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, you are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found to praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: …"


1 comment:

maddsolutiononline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.