Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Standing on the Promises

Standing on the Promises
1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
through eternal ages let his praises ring;
glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
standing on the promises of God.

Standing, standing,
standing on the promises of Christ my Savior;
standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.

2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
when the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
by the living Word of God I shall prevail,
standing on the promises of God.

3. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
bound to him eternally by Love's strong cord,
overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword,
standing on the promises of God.

4. Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
listening every moment to the Spirit's call,
resting in my Savior as my all in all,
standing on the promises of God.
 
I haven't heard this hymn [song] in quite some time.. I wonder if churches still sing the old song. This particular song speaks of God's promises... His Word... The Bible... What better place to find words of encouragement or wisdom during life's storms of doubt and fear... But the Bible... God's Word.
God's Word is His promises to us for any situation or circumstance we may face. His Word is true and stands for all eternity:
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless... 2 Samuel 22:31a
God promises a way of escape when we feel there is no way out:
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23
His word is powerful to save a lost and dying world. It can change a life and bring deliverance to the fallen soul:
"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10 [1 John 2:1]

His Word is more real then a rabbit you may pull out of a hat hoping to find good words for the day...Then signs in the clouds or wisdom from a friend with good intentions.
Yes, I'm singing this song to remind me that my rest comes in the Words of God's truth; the Bible... the anointed scriptures... the beautiful love letters written just for us. Something tangible to grasp knowing it will not change with the winds of time.
When I'm seeking for answers I'm looking for something that is unmovable, constant, rooted and stable. Something that is steadfast, uncompromising and unwavering. I don't have the energy to be on some emotional roller-coaster, wondering if my zodiac sign or quote of the day will suffice for what I need!!
I need Jesus! I need His words of love to sooth a broken heart or a wounded spirit or to give me hope for tomorrow... I need His words... His words of truth.

'For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' Jeremiah 29:11
'And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.' Philippians 4:19
'No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.' Romans 8:37-39

Worries of tomorrow... Life, our life, my life may be rough, at times, but we have peace in God that He cares and will meet our needs, however they will come. His promise of a future and hope NOT disaster. I know in His word he will take care of my every need no matter how overwhelming life circumstance can be, victory is ours, saith the LORD!! We just read it in the scriptures above... how can we not believe? Yes, I believe! I believe in the Word of God! It is for me, for you and all those that believe. God's promises will NEVER fail... His love is NEVER ending... His mercy is great EVERY morning... I'm truly thankful for His word today... His words of promise, overcoming daily with His word.

I'm standing on the promises of God!!
His word alone... tangible, strong, unshakable and fixed...

No comments: