Sunday, February 6, 2011

Who loves you the most??

"When you are happy you want to reach the person you love most. But when you are sad, you want to reach the person who loves you most." Unknown


I was looking through my inspirational quotes when I came across this particular one and it really made me think about who I go to when I am sad. Now it says it would be the person who loves you the most, but who would be that person who loves me the most??
Would it be my husband, who has shown love beyond my wildest dreams. Through all our heartache and struggle, he has brought out the best in me? Or how about my daughter, we have become quite close in the last couple years, because of many things we have had to face together? Maybe it is speaking of my mother who passed away May 12, 2008, she loved me very much as any mother would their child. Me being the youngest of seven children would have made me her baby, right?? 
 
I believe all these are true... at least to some extent, but as I read that and as I was in prayer, I realized that the first 'person' I run to when I am sad is my wonderful Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ♥
 
He has become my very best friend... I have drawn closer to Him in the last couple years than in my entire life time. I have come to know this dear friend of mine... who so loves me like no other... like I have never known Him before. There is no other who compares; not my husband, my daughter nor my mother who has been gone from me since May of 2008.
 
"God knows me with all my faults, failures, and inadequacies. He loves me regardless (and you as well)."
 
"You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways." Psalm 139:2-3
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you (we) have been saved." Eph. 2:4-5
"How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 36:7
"But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15
"Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever." Psalm 136:26
 
He has become my EVERYTHING, I could not live without Him...
sadly I've tried and it was during that time that I was crumbling under the weight of my sadness... under my defeat and the yoke of my sin. It was a sad time of not having anyone of great significance to run too when I was in my deepest dispare, because those of human strength could not help, not really, they were being pulled down in the pit of dispare with me. 
 
"YES! Christ is the one I run to when I am sad, who cares for me the MOST!
He looks after me and all my worries, heartaches, and struggles. I am blessed to call Him my friend."
 
"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25,26 (NIV)
 
*GLORY BE TO THE GOD WHO LOVES ME THE MOST*

1 comment:

teacheroftwos said...

Great post Ruby! Very inspiring!