Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In the valley there is a 'SHADOW'

I was reading some key points about this scripture during my devotion...
And I just had to share! It was so inspiring and uplifting to me.  =) 


SHADOW:  a dark figure or image cast by an object or part of an object upon a surface that would otherwise be illuminated by a light source. A shadow forms when something is standing between the source of light and the object the shadow rest upon.

"Even though I walk through... the valley of the shadow... of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4 (NASB)



What kind of shadows keep us from Christ beautiful light? What kind of trials, fear, doubt, anxiety or maybe an attack from the enemy himself keeping out the light? What is it that creeps into our thoughts or into our lives to question God's Word, feeling as though we are in the valley of death. Is it your finances, family issues, losing a job [which happened to my husband this last year], the list can go on and on creating shadows blocking out the light. Smothering your faith with worry and anxiety, growling and snapping at your every step. Anxiety can sometimes make you feel as though you cannot breath or at any moments time it will send you over the edge because you feel you've lost your mind. You are in the valley of the shadow, so big and consuming... blocking out His beautiful light... making you lose your faith and giving you a horrible feeling of confusion or a sense of being lost.
It's dark; ominous, bleak, foreboding, sinister, somber, joyless... a very uncomfortable place to be.

"I understand this place."

But we need to remember we have and know an awesome God who has not left us in the dark shadow alone... His light is still there, it has never left. Something has just come between us and the light, giving us a shadow. God has not left but is still there reassuring us that everything will be alright.

The darkness [shadow] is not because there is NO LIGHT, but a result of an object or the enemy of our soul standing between us and the light. It/he is attempting to block out the light that gives us such reassuring comfort. If we allow him to we can feel fearful, alone and abandoned.

the rod and the staff are tools for the trade not only to guide but to PROTECT from danger. Our valley can look very scary, but with eyes of faith we can see that we are in the place of His safety. Do not focus on the shadow but walk with Christ, in His marvelous light!
"No matter how dark it may seem to you His light is still there BEYOND the shadow!!"

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?"
Psalm 27:1 NKJV

Do not fear evil, it is only a shadow. Hold to the Lords hand through your valley experience. Trust Him through it all, it is but a shadow blocked by an object that you will begin to move from, it will not be there forever. Once you begin to walk UP hill you will begin to leave the valley with another victorious testimony of rejoicing! Proclaiming God's goodness and faithfulness...
"...just keep your eyes fixed on Him!!"
God in all His mercy will see you through your darkest times. He has done that on so many occasions in my life, I know He can do the same for you!
Don't give up, fall down and stay in the cold, dark shadow, but put ALL your trust in Jesus, continue to walk through and beyond the shadow with Him...
where there will be refreshing, peace, joy and righteousness!!

"The Lord is MY shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name sake"
Psalm 23:2-3 NKJV

*BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD*

I now can say I'm thankful for His marvelous light that is just beyond the shadow... I will not be afraid of the shadow of the valley of death. For I know my God will comfort me, BECAUSE he has never left me... His light is just beyond the shadow... My eyes are fixed on HIM!!


The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil;
For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the LORD Forever.
Psalm 23 NKJV

No comments: