Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blessed!!

Today my heart is overwhelmed with the goodness of the LORD
and all the blessings HE has given to me FREELY.




First of all what does blessed really mean? I looked online for the definition and this is what came up;
Blessed: blissful, contented, endowed, favored, joyful. I will take a moment to talk about each one.

Blissful: 'Abounding in'
It was only by God's abounding grace I wasn't charged for my sins. His mercy and forgiveness gave me clemency or pardon from the harshness of my sin.

"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:" Romans 5:20 NIV
For this I am BLESSED!!

Contented: 'satisfied with what one is or has'
I am satisfied in knowing, in this life, in any situation and circumstance 'I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.' As Paul says; I know what it is to be in need or in want and I also know what it is to have plenty. But above all this, no matter what, I have HIS strength to pull me through anything.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Philippians 4:6-7,12 NIV
For this I am BLESSED!!

Endowed: The Declaration of Independence states:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable [God given] Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
The Declaration states, we are empowered by the Creator with certain God given rights, not from the government or people. The men of old who founded this country new of these three beautiful rights:
I am no longer a slave to sin because, I have died [buried wtih Him through baptism] and have been set free from sin and now live a new life!! #GLORY!
"[Christ] came into this world that we may  have life, and that we may have it more abundantly." John 10:10 “Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered." Rom. :4-7
I was also given the liberty to stand fast in my freedom from sin and not be under subjection to that bondage again! I don't have to go back!
"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage." Gal 5:1
Which brings us to the next step: happiness!! How else can you feel but happy in God when you have been set free from the bondage of sin  to live a beautiful life in Christ. Being blessed with favor for all to see the beauty of Holiness within the lost soul that has found life!!
For this I am BLESSED!!

**Boy this is just getting better and better!!
I love counting my blessings**

Favored: regarded or treated with preference. How am I favored of God?

I am rooted and grounded in HIS love.
God is doing exceeding abundantly above all that I ask or think or imagine.
I can do all things through my God who strengthens me.
I have finally found purpose in my life by bringing glory and honor to God.
If I trust and obey God, other people will be blessed through my life.
I am excited about today for I know that God is at work for me behind the scenes.
I see the amazing, powerful, life-changing, circumstance-changing favor of God at
work in my life.
I am excited for what God is going to do today. With God, nothing is impossible.
Grace has unmerited favor and God has extended His grace toward me.
I don’t deserve in any way all the things that God is doing for me; He just does them
because He loves me and wants me to be more like him. Being more like
Jesus is worth more than silver or gold or anything this world has to offer.
For this I am BLESSED!!

Joyful: full of joy, as a person or one's heart; glad; delighted.I have found fullness of joy in the presence of the Lord and in this life He has bestowed upon me. I have found the pleasures of God to be more fulfilling than the pleasures of this world.  I am overwhelmed with the goodness of God;
"You will show me the path of life: in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11
For this I am BLESSED!!

HE has blessed [blissful, contented, endowed, favored, joyful.] me!! Over and over again! Blessed be the name of the Lord!
Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his son is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. (Psalm 42: 5,8)
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3)
Here is an old song; sang by many throughout generations but it plays in my mind and expresses how I truly feel;

CHORUS
Jesus got a hold of my life
And He won't let me go
Jesus got into my heart
Got into my soul
I use to be o' so sad
But now I'm just free and glad
Jesus got a hold of my life
And He won't let me go

VERSE 1
Sometimes I remember when I use to be living in sin
I tried to act happy and free but I wasn't within
I fooled a lot of friends of mine
They thought I had some peace of mind
But I never had a thing until I opened up and let Jesus in

CHORUS
Jesus got a hold of my life
And He won't let me go
Jesus got into my heart
Got into my soul
I use to be o' so sad
But now I'm just free and glad
Jesus got a hold of my life
And He won't let me go

VERSE 2
Aren't you getting just a bit tired of fooling around
You try to laugh your way through life but your not gaining ground
Why not try the Lord today
Ask Him in your heart to stay
And you'll find Jesus love will be the greatest thing that you've ever found

No comments: